Thursday, September 18, 2008

Penny aka "Tiny Dog"


Last but not least, you are going to meet Penny. Penny has only been with us for about six months. Despite her short time with the clan she has really become our “little princess”. She has an entire wardrobe consisting of everything from raincoats to dresses to hoodies (which are her favorite). She has her own little pink princess dish for her special food. Even goes to work with me every day where she has her own little pink bed to relax in as Mommy works.
Penny came to us under strange circumstances. Two children (maybe 10 or 12 years old) walked up in the yard one day holding this tiny dog that they thought was a puppy. I, being so incredibly smart, new that this puppy was a much older dog. They said she had been dumped out on the road and their parents would not let them keep her so they were trying to find her a home. Well, I’m a sucker and told the heart-broken children that I would keep her and try and find where she belonged. I just did not believe the story about her being dumped out. She is a full blooded Chihuahua and a Senior. Who could do such a thing?

The following day I put up signs about a lost dog, called all the pounds in the surrounding counties and posted an ad on Petfinder.com. The ad ran for 4 weeks and I called the pounds every other day to see if anyone was looking for their lost baby. No Luck. No one ever responded to the lost dog signs and I never got a phone call from the ad posted on the Internet.
Jason didn’t want to keep her. He was adamit about finding her home or finding a place for her to live. I was adamit about keeping her and I was NEVER going to give in. I had wanted a Chihuahua ever since I fell in love with one of my best friends. His name is Tad and he is the cutest thing I had ever seen. So tiny and bouncy and lovable….I had to have one of my own. But how? I am so against buying from backyard breeders and pet stores and the rescues are impossible to deal with when you already have FIVE other dogs. I really think God sent her to me because 3 weeks later my sweet Missy died. He knew I was going to go crazy (I did anyway) if I didn't have something else to focus on. I love this little dog and she LOVES me.

I think we were meant to be!

1 comment:

The Whitfields said...

Hi Natalie! I saw your blog on Reynie's blog. I am an animal lover as well. That senior is just adorable! I'm sure she's glad to have a wonderful home!!

Sarah